Saturday, July 31, 2004

Blue

In keeping with the blue moon theme I seem to be adapting a blue attitude, not in the sense of off color humor but in terms of mood. I went to a big orchid sale today, something that I've looked forward to all summer but now I'm feeling blue for no good reason. Does anyone else do that? Look forward to something, have a decent time doing it and then just get blue in the aftermath? Part of it is that I come home with my purchases and no one to share it with, at least no one here. Sigh

3 Comments:

Blogger leaveme alone said...

I go through times when I feel blue. Sometimes life gets a little too much. Things I have to continue to deal with in terms of Ben and the school, the pressures of having an almost 15 yr old around, the stuff about not really wanting to be here, but pushing that aside and figuring out what to do in order to feel happier.....lately I have been feeling more steady. It is not always that way though. I think it helps if you have someone around to share things with and plan with. If you have someone around but you are planning by yourself anyway...well that is not much fun either. I find that happens to me lots.

1:13 PM  
Blogger LeAnne said...

Yes, I sometimes feel "blue" out of the "blue" for no apparent reason. When I was younger, I referred to them as my "don't know" periods. Don't know what's wrong, don't know what to do, don't know where it came from. Of course, I've been blue alot lately, but it also occurs in relatively good times. Don't know why it hits me like that, but it just does.

I just flow with it, acknowledge it, and know that it will pass. There's not much else you can do.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Prom said...

Yes, a good night's sleep and I felt a lot better and then even better after a nice conversation with a friend. It's good to remember during that this too shall pass.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home